Here’s another popular recipe from Chef Adam Hervieux of moonstones in Chelmsford. Maggie’s Round, an Italian-style toma from Williamstown’s Cricket Creek Farm, adds richness and tangy flavor to a potato dish that’s the perfect foundation for grilled meats or sauteed spring vegetables.
3 lbs. potatoes, peeled
1 quart heavy cream
1 lb. Cricket Creek Farm Maggie’s Round cheese, grated
Salt & pepper to taste
- Using a mandoline, slice potatoes 1/8 inch thick into a large mixing bowl.
- Add heavy cream, ¾ of the cheese and season with salt & pepper; mix very well.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Layer the potatoes in a single layer, shingling them so there are no gaps between the potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese and continue to layer, adding cheese every 2-3 layers.
- Repeat until potatoes are ¾ of the way to the top of the dish.
- Cover with foil. Bake 350 for 45 minutes to one hour. Use a toothpick to check—center potatoes should be cooked all the way through.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake until golden brown on top. Cut into squares or rounds to serve.