This luscious soup was the first course at April’s Massachusetts Cheese and Craft Beer dinner, held at Moonstones restaurant in Chelmsford. Creamy smoked goat cheese from Westfield Farm accents earthy cauliflower and herbs.
(courtesy of Chef Adam Hervieux, moonstones)
4 heads cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
2 medium onion, diced
6 stalks celery, diced
1 gallon chicken (or vegetable) stock
2 bay leaves
2 TB fresh thyme, chopped
6 oz smoked Westfield Farm Capri Goat Cheese
1 pint heavy cream
Salt & pepper to taste
- Sweat onions & celery in 2 TB olive oil for about 5 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add cauliflower florets and stock.
- Add bay leaves and simmer for 30-45 minutes until cauliflower is very soft. Season to taste.
- Puree soup using a blender or an immersion blender until very smooth.
- Add thyme & heavy cream. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Whisk in crumbled goat cheese and serve.