The Guild maintains this jobs posting page as a service to our members. Postings remain on the page for 30 days unless renewed. Please contact the poster directly with inquiries about the positions listed.
(October 5, 2017) Head Cheesemaker – Cricket Creek Farm
We are looking for a cheese maker to join our team in making our award winning farmstead artisanal cheeses.
Head Cheese Maker must have experience making a variety of hard and soft cheeses, and experience in sanitation and maintenance of a creamery. Work includes involvement in all aspects of running our farmstead creamery.
- Work with our existing staff in a collaborative team environment, providing leadership and structure in the creamery.
- Lead the production of all the cheeses in our current repertoire (8 cheeses).
- Following the maintenance and sanitation protocols.
- Helping to teach apprentices all facets of cheese making
- Troubleshoot recipes/inconsistencies with the products as needed and help apprentices refine their practices and work out problems with the cheeses as appropriate.
- Maintaining all required records, inventories, recipes, and data collected.
- Bringing an upbeat and positive attitude, being a leader on the farm. We expect the person in this position to always be on time, always stick to a schedule, help keep apprentices on track, and bring positive energy and enthusiasm to work every day.
- 1-2 years of cheese making experience
- Very much in love with cheese
- Excited about the opportunity to work at a small and growing company